Old November 28th 16, 09:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Default Santa Barbara Soaring Thanksgiving Dinner

But nah, not much to do here.
This has got to be one of the most scenic glider locations around the country. IT is beginning to green up with our fall flush of growth, with the last two weeks of blessed rainfall.

I hope we can make you welcome.

Cindy Brickner
CFI-G for SBS

Well - ya'all missed some good SoCal soaring this weekend.

Friday was sunshine and wave. Half a dozen folks at least zoomed around (a few said hello to the 2-32 flying the rides) to their hearts content.
I saw photos of a crew-human on the loose in Solvang; due to soarability-- their services were at low demand after launch.

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=5478048
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=5477606
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=5477602

Saturday -- if you were tough and determined, you could've followed TG out in the eaaarly wave, and gone downwind on wave bounces into the San Joaquin.. (I've enjoyed that Cuyama wave several times, Ramy. )
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=5478500

But if flying didn't do it for you, the homebrew from Citron hops was Very Nice in the evening. The gathering at Denny & Tammy's home was well attended, frivolous and celebrated friendships both long and short. Guitar music, holiday and folk songs broke out awhile in the patio. What a lovely setting.

We missed 4U and Melinda due to heavy traffic Sat, but at dinner enjoyed P7, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, 55, memories of 75, ON and crew, 3U, TG, Luke, Bob Perry & wife, Dennis G & daughter Ja???, Bud R & wife, Kempton and family, Denny & Tammy, Terry H and Jane, Shy Bourgouis, Don Strathern, Teri Holt, Kenzi Holt, Wade the new launch crew, Cindy B & Rich F, Brian Smith & Melissa, Morgan & Julie, Bill Vrastil. There was a subset that devolved to movie DVDs while we told soaring stories. Those names I mostly missed.

Sunday was damp early, and sparkling midday. But the flock had already dispersed to try to beat the travel headaches going 'home'.
(Isn't home at the gliderport? Guess I'm confused.)

Thank you all for joining the fun of a flying weekend. Maybe next year we can convince the rain to wait till late Sunday afternoon. Or maybe we will petition the Water Board to pay us to schedule a soaring event . . . since they are drought-busters, for sure.

We took home apple strudel and smiles.

Merry Christmas to all,
Cindy B