Old April 7th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

Default KOSU Arrival ATIS

Kyle Boatright wrote:

Good question. Obsolete data transmitted over a wider area doesn't make it
any better. They need to put more emphasis on keeping the ATIS current...
On numerous occasions, I've found that the ATIS was far out of date compared
to what was actually happening at Fisk/Ripon/Oshkosh..

Well the ATIS is owned by the FAA. The parking is controlled by the
EAA. While they work together pretty well, the tower and the parking
people do NOT have a direct connection. We don't find the field is
open/closed through any other system other than listening to the ATIS
or the toower frequency.

There are few things more annoying than flying 1/3 of the way across the
country only to have to stand in a 30 minute line to hand someone my money.

This has improved a lot in the 16 years or so I've been going. I
haven't waited in a line more than one or two deep in recent memory
to register. If you really want to see it work well, try the Camp
Scholler drive in lanes. They've got that really fine tuned.

I like your idea though.