Old September 11th 18, 08:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flying Gliders in Europe: Medical Requirements

On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 10:33:38 PM UTC+2, wrote:
Absolutely true.
But, I think it is safe to say that is going to be a very rare thing for a USA pilot to ship their plane to europe to fly for a couple of weeks.
With places like St. Auban that have practically every glider made available for rent...why?
I was in Fayence today and their selection of gliders is just fine for a short summer vacation.
Nice Cumulus in France today.

I shipped mine in 2015 when I moved here. All it takes is one peek at the EASA nightmares, paperwork and bureaucrats in love with their little rubber stamps to know it's worth it. The cost for a 40 ft container delvered in Bremen was relatively small compared to the hassles of the alternative. Especially when my glider is a classic Italian standard-class glider.