Old May 8th 18, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dittel FSG71 Radio / Squelch Questions

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 6:55:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
3U, I realize this is a very old thread but I also have a to low on occasion squelch issue with my FSG71M radio however getting it in and out is very difficult, so do you have any idea which way to turn the pot once I gain access and how far to turn it? I only want to do it once.

I just did this, FSG-71 in a Ventus B with S80. I think the S80 was the culprit. I opened the radio and turned the pot FROM 1:00 TO 11:00. It was my first try at an adjustment, just a total guess, and it seems to have worked perfectly. At least it works well on the ground, haven't flown with it yet. When I turn the radio on now, it breaks the squelch in about half a second. Thanks to the person who posted the schematic with the pot location.. I doubt I would have been able to keep the radio in the glider without that info.