Old June 11th 18, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Intro Presentation for non-soaring audience

On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 7:54:09 AM UTC-6, OHM Ω http://aviation..derosaweb.net wrote:
I think that the SSA must has something but unsure where it can be found. Anyone?

I put together a presentation for a local EAA chapter meeting. Yours to plagiarize. These are not intended as standalone presentations but were to visualize the talking points.

The two versions of the presentation (.PPTX and .PDF) can be found here;

http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presen....08.22-3c.pptx == has some animations

http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presen...7.08.22-3c.pdf

- John

I don't think the SSA has such a canned presentation. I suspect most have prepared their own after considering their audiences.

http://www.ssa.org/WhatIsSoaring consists of several pages that will provide a framework that can be adjusted for a particular audience from grade school to Rotary Club to maybe an EAA Chapter and can includes local information. For youth, consider sharing a link to http://www.ssa.org/Youth. Maybe print out some handouts from the page, like for the Cadet Introductory Membership. Maybe invite them to apply for a Cadet Youth Flight Scholarship. Maybe print out some SSA Paper Glider "kits". Insert these into a Soaring magazine copy affixed with a informational label on the cover as handouts if age appropriate.

Frank Whiteley