Old July 15th 04, 05:52 PM
Emilio

If you really want icons to display, you need to put it there by editing the
given aircraft panel.cfg file with note pad. Just look at the aircraft with
the icon and how it is described in panel.cfg file and copy the line to the
aircraft without the icon. You may need to play around with the icon
position though. Just keep the copy of original panel.cfg file so that you
can go back. I cannibalized Cessna C172 panel and added GPS, and trim wheel
on the Corsair panel. Now I can at least navigate with had heals GPS, and
manually trim it too! I did not add all the auto pilot stuff. That will
make flying Corsair too inauthentic!

Emilio

"Quilljar" wrote in message
AFAIR The icons come with the particular aircraft. Some add-ons for FS2002
had them, but I am not sure if the standard versions did. Even now in
FS2004, not all the aircraft possess them. In any case, there are keyboard
shortcuts to all those windows which are just as effective.

"Peter Allison" wrote in message
I have recently acquired FS2002 but none of my panels are showing
the SimIcons, which I am presuming are those little symbols on
the panel which open the GPS and other windows?

Are the icons available somewhere?, or are they a feature of the
'Professional' version - I only have the standard one I think.

Many thanks

Peter Allison
Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire

(Remove 'no spam when replying')