Old July 5th 04, 02:16 AM
Craig

"Grasshopper" wrote in message ...

I have young kids, so I figure the total weight for us is about 1,000 lbs
(2 adults and 5 children). Or does having a Seneca I or Seneca II
configured for optional 7th seat force you to reconfigure with smaller
tanks? I saw that both the Seneca I and Seneca II have optional 122 gallon
capacity. Would having the 7 seat configuration make the optional long
range fuel no longer an option?

You might want to expand what you are looking at to the Aero Commander
5/6 series. As an example. a 680 has a usefull load around 2600
pounds....7 seats and full fuel plus baggage. Sure, it's an older a/c,
but properly taken care of and handled (if you have a model with
geared engines) they will outlast you and your family.
Besides, if you ever hope to travel much distance without frequent
stops with the whole family, it would work out better in the long run.
Also, as the kids grow and the travel needs change (increasing the
required stuff to go anywhere) you won't be as worried as what can go
and what has to stay and how fine is the margin between fuel on board
and what we can load...

Craig C.