Old May 20th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Default current small aircraft market????

Jim Carter wrote:
Matt,
is $1MM flat not available or just too expensive. I'm trying to design
an employee pilot program for my company and am gathering data like that. I
filed for a quote the other day and still haven't heard back so maybe the
market is really drying up.

I was flat out unable to find this coverage. If you find someone who
will write such a policy, please let me know. I didn't try Lloyds of
London, but I called AOPA and a also private insurance broker that
supposedly can deal with any company other than AVEMCO (which is who I
think AOPA uses) and both told me that $1MM smooth simply wasn't available.

Matt