Old August 8th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Helicopter fly-in

Mirage Dry Lake is just a little North of you and has 6 miles long and 1
mile wide which should be enough for a helicopter fly-in. However it is a
bit dusty...
We need a grassy field some where North of the LA area but not out into the
desert sand. ???

--
Stuart & Kathryn Fields, Publishers
Experimental Helo magazine

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 18:13:36 -0500, "Steve R"
wrote:

Someone needs to have a heli-meet in Southern CA... wink, wink,
nudge, nudge..

So what are YOU doing 4 to 6 months from now???? ;-D

Hopefully earning a living at the controls of a helicopter.

How long does it take to set one of these things up anyway?

I would imagine it's quite a bit of work. I've done a couple of 1
night events that required street closings etc and those took about a
month of non-stop phone calls and a lot of paperwork..

I have no idea WHERE I'd find a location.. I wonder if the local RC
club would allow the use of their field....