Old August 28th 18, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Cockpit Size and Comfort

On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 11:56:18 AM UTC-7, GeneReinecke wrote:
I would like to restart this thread: I amd 6'4", 210lbs, lanky former high school basketball player build. I flew an ASW-20C for 200+ hours but it was a tight fit even with the seat back removed and custom cushions installed. I am in the market for a newer generation glider: ASW-27/29/24, Ventus 2a/b, maybe ASH-26 (I ruled out LS ships due to the small cockpits and (I believe) lack of crashworthy cockpits in -6,8,10.)
Can I get some input from guys near my size as to the fit in these gliders?
Have learned all the tricks: My chute has been rigged to move bulk down low, I wear hiking shoes with thin heels, used astronaut foam in seat/back cushions, I cut my beer consumption (OK, sorry, that was a bridge too far.)
Any constructive input would be appreciated.
Gene

I think you would fit into an ASH26e (Jerry Plazowicki (sp?) is 6' 5" and flies a 26). I just happen to have one for sale - see my ad at Wings & Wheels.

Tom