Old July 21st 03, 01:34 PM

Bottom line is you can fly with a student as much as you want, but
YOU are the PIC. He can control the plane, and even practice any of the
student pilot stuff you feel comfortable being a "safety pilot" for. He
cannot log the time, but can still chock it up as a learning experience.
After all, it's not the 40 hours he needs to get his license, but the
appropriate level of competency that can sometimes take as few as 40
hours.

-Cory

Chris wrote:
: I recently took a student pilot flying with me. He only has about 20 hours I
: was wondering if it's legal to let him take the controls being I'm only a
: private pilot. If so is there any possible way he could log this flight time
: we do together. I realize it can't be dual being I'm not and
: instructor....well just wondering thanks in advance for your response.

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *
* (Just my 20 USm$) *