Old August 12th 04, 02:11 PM
Michelle P

George,
The M-7-235 has the fifth seat. I believe the M-7-180 and 160 do not. I
had the fifth seat and removed it. I lowered my insurance $500 a year.
Michelle

G.R. Patterson III wrote:

Adam Aulick wrote:

On the certificated side, it looks like a Skyhawk or its ilk would
(barely) carry the load, but I understand there's no legal way
to squeeze three kids in back of the four-place Cessnas and Pipers.

You've been told wrong. Cessna made a "child seat" for the 150, 172, and 182 aircraft
(and maybe others). This fits in the baggage compartment. Since the seat itself
weighs a few pounds, you would probably want a 182. I don't know if Piper ever had
the same sort of option, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out that they did.

The Maule M-7 (*not* the MX-7) also has a fifth seat in the baggage compartment. I've
seen one, and it's really only good for a small child. I think the maximum load in
that area is 50 pounds as well.

George Patterson
If you want to know God's opinion of money, just look at the people
he gives it to.

--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity