Old December 1st 04, 09:47 PM
Jay Honeck

Or maybe you're tired of ****tyBank & Choicepoint tracking your
every move, not to mention Fatherland Security and Rev. Ike. There
was a time when what you [legally] did was your own business; but
that's no longer true in this country, unless you make real efforts
on your own behalf. And the most effective is: pay cash. When asked
for your name and address, ask back: Why do you need to know?

Um, we ask your name, address and daytime phone number when you make a
reservation, and we verify it at check-in.

We do this not because we're interested in your every move, but so we can
mail back the cell phone charger (or whatever) that an amazing percentage of
our guests accidentally leave in their suite when they check out.

(We've got an amazing collection of them, BTW. I think we have one of every
charger -- and they're all different -- ever made.)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA