Old July 3rd 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Derek Copeland

Default plausible one-design classes

Yes, but the World Class PW5 is UGLY UGLY UGLY and
has a tiny wingspan. Something like a Puchacz that
has been in contact with a head shrinker.

Derek Copeland

At 15:54 03 July 2006,
wrote:
There is, gentlemen, one-design class in place already.
It is called
the World Class. It is here and it is going to stay.
I just don't see
the reason that you can't seem to accept that. Having
flown 1-26 and
also the PW-5 I would not hesitate to get into PW-5
and fly it. It is a
good little ship, it was built for a purpose and it
is serving that
purpose well. Now, the 1-26 is a good ship as well,
but.....it is old,
it is tired and it is difficult to maintain. Well,
we can carry this
discussion forever, there will be proponents of PW
or the Schweitzer,
but as far as I am concerned one design class is already
here and you
are simply trying to reinvent the wheel.

Jacek
Washington State