Old April 9th 13, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default PowerFlarm: 2.7 Vertical Range

On Saturday, April 6, 2013 2:32:49 PM UTC-7, FLARM wrote:

Previously the ability to show traffic beyond 500m vertical was a undocumented, unreliable ‘bug’ which could have caused problems with other functions, which is why we removed it.

Okay I'll bite, what does 'bug' in quotation marks really mean? I liked the bigger vertical range too. It allow me to sort targets. If I get an indication of a glider in the area and see a target that is a different glider, but not displayed of Flarm, couldn't that cause confusion?

Why not provide all the information you have?

9B