Old May 8th 05, 12:52 AM
nrp

Peter Duniho wrote:
"nrp" wrote in message
ups.com...
So if a warm prop governor doesn't work, what can happen? It will
either control or it won't.

Or the failure could be causing oil to be pumped overboard.

Do you get out and look afterwards to see?

Generally, any neighbor who
can actually hear a run-up is either very pro-aviation, or they've

already
been trying to close the airport for years.

I manage a small airport for the city in northern Wisconsin. My
neighbors are close to the runup pads, and are neither particularily
pro or con aviation, but I do have to listen to their occasional
complaints about noise & do what I can to minimize it. I find a
multiple runnup and rundown sounds annoying myself. There may be
reasons but they have their negative consequences too.