Old April 17th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

gliderguynj wrote:
At this point in the thread I'd be very curious to find out the actual
Real World weight of everything....as opposed to the original posters
assumption's.

Have the buddies get on a scale, with clothes and shoes on, watches,
wallets keys, a full stomach a few cups of coffee each.... Do the same
for the luggage. Don't forget to add all the extra headsets,
camera's, water bottles.....

It might be a useful example for all reading. I'd almost guarantee
it's far heavier than the numbers being used. I can't tell you how
many times people show up at the field for a ride and they say they
weigh 200 and they easily have 30 or 40 lbs on me and I'm 200!!!

doug

I took a helicopter ride into the Grand Canyon last year and as we
signed up EACH person stood on a scale fully loaded (cameras, backpacks,
etc) and they captured your weight.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP