Old February 18th 05, 05:22 PM
niceguy

It's automatic for anyone who "keeps his nose clean".

wrote in message
Jim Carriere wrote:
Noah Little wrote:

Jim wrote:

http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos...e=0&sort_row=1

Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?

It's not a dungaree uniform.

Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

Why not? Could have been the result of a meritorious bust from PO1.
Give _us_ a break.

A lot of them are unit awards or service ribbons/medals. Only the NAM
and Good Conduct (automatic, really) are individual awards.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/...y_ribbons.html

Also, I believe the last two are reversed in order. Heheh, oops.

as one who's first naval good conduct medal was not earned until almost
eight years of service were completed: it's hardly automatic......