Old July 19th 03, 03:04 PM
Bob Fry

However, isn't it true that if you are in an accident, and insurers
find out you've been violating FARs (by flying without a valid
medical), then they won't pay? So you could be wide open to
liability.

"Mike Granby" writes:

"Maule Driver" wrote:

Fortunately, you do have the room to manage your health and
the FAA by maintaining separate medical relationships. But with
that ability comes a great deal of responsibility.

Indeed. I would nonetheless advise that no-one use their family doctor as
their AME. While none of us wants to lie to the FAA, I see no reason to
tempt fate by vesting these functions in the same individual, and I see no
reason to have to worry about what I tell my family doctor on the basis that
he might have to declare it to the FAA under penalty of losing his
certification.

--
Mike Granby, PP-ASEL,IA
Warrior N44578