Old September 23rd 05, 03:10 PM

: What's involved with setting the mag point gap?

Depends on the mag. I'm not familiar with slicks, but on my Bendix there
aren't quite enough adjustments to set everything. The wear of the points vs. the
plastic wear block is fixed by the points. If either is out of spec, new points are
required.

I'd agree with the checking of the internal mag timing (i.e. e-gap). If
you've got a few hundred hours on the mags and/or if it's had the external timing
adjusted, it may have worn a bit out of spec. We just did it on both our mags last
year. Again... it's Bendix.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *