Old April 20th 04, 12:45 PM
Dweezil Dwarftosser

Jim Battista wrote:

Still dunno what they were that flew over me Saturday though -- don't
see many military aircraft in sunny Denton TX. Sometimes I miss
being a kid back at Ramstein or, dare I say, even Hahn, going out on
the balcony and watching the F-4s take off on afterburner in 2- and
4-ships...

Ah... memories. I used to sit on the couch in my third-floor
living room in Hahn Housing's 14-B-3 and watch the noisy F-4s
pass first by the right window, then the left, taking off from
the runway a few hundred feet away, as B-327 curved around the
perimiter. Later, Vogelweh was too far from Ramstein to enjoy
the same treat.

John T. - Bitburg 75-77, Hahn 77-80, Ramstein 81-85.
(There's almost a year at Seymour Johnson in there,
too: 80-81.)