Old July 29th 03, 08:50 AM
Gordon

Rudel

He relates several
meetings, and seems to be trying
to convince the reader that Hitler was mislead by his advisors on most
things.

Pure adulation on Rudel's part. Enough to convince me, even as a small boy,
that he never stopped being a Nazi. Even other German fighter pilots
considered him a racial extremist.

He was ordered to cease operational flying several times, including at
least once by Hitler himself, so it seems
he was a 'war junkie' and didn't want to give up his flying.

No kidding! Even on his 'surrender flight', he carried full ammo, in case a
suitable opportunity presented itself. I think he and Lau would have kept the
war going, if they could have figured out how. As an aside to their surrender
event, I think these two commanders were both disgusted that they were left
without a proper war to fight.

Definitely a strange cookie.

War lovers generally are.

v/r