Old February 2nd 04, 09:13 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
k.net...
| I used to subscribe to IFR until I realized that they offered a much
better
| rate to new subscribers than to existing ones. After realizing this,

my
| four year old decided to subscribe :-). Today he recieved a

solicitation
| from another aviation magazine. Obviously they sold his (and my) name

and
| address. I always check the little box indicating that I don't want

my
| information shared and I don't want to recieve any offers. I will

never
| subscribe to any Belvoire publication again.

Many magazines offer discounts to attract first time subscribers, just

as
landlords offer discounts on the first six months lease, restaurants

offer
two for one specials, etc. It is not an attempt to cheat you.

In sending your son an ad for another magazine, they were no more

dishonest
than you representing yourself as your own son. I figure you're about

even.
Maybe they should send you a letter saying they never want you as a

customer
again. :-)

To be clear, I didn't represent myself as my son.

You couldn't! In that case, you couldn't reach the rudder pedals.