Old January 25th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

Default Q: C-152 spin characteristics

"John Smith" wrote in message

Does anybody have information to the contrary? I haven't done spins since
1990 so I don't remember the numbers exactly.

From the SPORTYS catalog...
Basic Aerobatic Manual [Paperback]
Part #: Q00161
Author: William K Kershner
Pages: 100

Cool. I have his flight instructor's manual based on recommendations here.
It's a reference in my lesson plan along with the Jeppeson Commercial book.
Just wondering if other people have other experience; for example, some
people say at C-152 will unstall itself into a steep spiral descent.

Turns out you can search for "Cessna spin" in YouTube.com and see all kinds
of great videos of people spinning 'em.
One of 'em just shows the instrument panel so you can see when the spin
develops (airspeed drops to zero) and see how much altitude is lost per
second. Can also see the airspeed start to increase dramatically as the
stall is broken.

Cool! There's even chase-plane video of Cessnas doing spins. Some of
those guys are starting at 5,000 feet indicated or lower, which seems
insane. I'd think you'd want to start at 8,000 or 9,000 just for safety in
case things don't go as planned. (cockpit object falls under the rudder
pedal or something)

-c