Old May 23rd 17, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Stemme S12 in Michigan this Saturday, May 20th (KOZW) @ 4 pm

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 12:26:01 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
Maybe I'll get the boys to bring the Ionia Arcus over to the Howell airport and see how it taxis. No question that the ArcusM is a phenomenal sailplane.

Thanks Dave.

All the older Stemmes' are above gross weight with 2 normal people and a little gas on board. When I pointed that out to a Stemme rep at Oshkosh some time ago, he quickly tried to change the subject. The latest model has a MTOW of 900 kg but they don't list an empty weight anywhere. Legally most Stemmes can't be flown dual but they obviously don't fall apart if you do. I was not as impressed with the glider as Sean when taking a flight with Glider Bob years ago.
Herb