Old November 10th 03, 11:20 PM
Stu Gotts

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:35:06 -0500, "Ron Natalie"
wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message ...
I used to use my cherokee 180 as a lease back, when it was over its 100 hours,
As the owner, I was the only one allowed to fly it.

Who says? We certainly had FBO/Club employees ferrying aircraft that were
out of 100 hour.

If your renting it, then it must have a current 100 hr inspection.

No, only if the instructor is provided with it or you're carrying passengers for hire.
I have posted both the regulation AND the FAA legal interpreation of the reg on
this thread. There's no requirement for

Its not your airplane,

How did it cease to be my airplane. The FAA still thinks I'm the owner.

so its a plane for hire.

Yes, but immaterial. The 100 hour rule doesn't care about that.

The operator (the flight school) is responsible for ensuring the maint. on the plane.

The flight school is not the operator by the FAA terminology.

As the pilot, your
responsible for making sure its been completed before flying it. Its one of
those things to look for when you look through the log book to verify the
annual is up to date and so on.

Quite true and frequently overlooked by renters.

4 out of 4!