Old January 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Airspeed Indicator Accuracy Tolerance

I wrote an article in Kitplanes magazine 15 years ago or so about using
plastic tubing, a yardstick, and tinted water to make a water manometer for
testing airspeed indicators.

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote in message
Bob Gardner wrote:

Well, not really. My question is whether their is a good way to measure
the absolute accuracy of a ASI. And my concern is that 6 nts is too far
off when it could make a significant difference in performance in critical
situations, like single engine operation.