Old August 1st 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

Default The Idiot without the NOTAM

Although Mike's post was a little tongue-in-cheek, the solution can be
something similar. There could be a "license suspension pending retest"
for a number of situations that fall under a "that was really a dumb
thing" category. Hopefully the bottom 10% would weed themselves out of
the picture.

Given a fair, analytical and fully researched approach to the problem,
I think it can really work. Basically, there should be a "wash-out"
situation like the US Air Force (or any air force for that matter) and
the airlines. GA ability to revoke licenses is only based on bad
violations and the most extreme examples of inability.

Marco

Thomas Borchert wrote:
I realize I'm new to all this, ~75 hours, new plastic card

What "plastic" card? gd&r

You're right, I wouldn't dream of going out there without all that
information, but the people are there.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)