Old November 5th 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.ifr
Roy N5804F

Default Ernst Benz clock - how to set up?

Peter,
Would this be the clock you have ?
http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/GC9000.asp

--
Roy
Piper Archer N5804F

"Peter" wrote in message
Hi

I bought one of these from Aircraft Spruce USA a year ago.

It stopped running; the battery seems to have gone flat, so I changed
it.

It now works, but the stopwatch RESET function takes the hands back to
a weird position, not the 12:00 position which is what should happen.

Aircraft Spruce have stopped selling this clock and have not helped.
They can't even supply a manufacturer's part number (???) saying that
they bought it on description alone...

E/Benz in USA and Switzerland do not reply to emails or faxes at all -
obviously deliberate.

Does anyone know the procedure for setting it up, following a battery
change?

It cost USD 350 so I don't want to chuck it in the bin, and the
aircraft is illegal for IFR without a clock...

Incidentally this appears to be a $10 cheap clock mechanism, inside a
fancy housing. Just like the previous clock I had, an LC-2 whose
internals were about $2 and which cost $200. There is so much junk
around in this business.

Peter.
E-mail replies to but remove the A and the B.