Old September 28th 03, 06:16 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message

Which still, sort of, begs the thrust of Pech1's question. If a Rear
Admiral [O-7] retired when Rear Admirals of the lower half still wore
two stars, would they wear two stars when in uniform now, or do
regulations prescribe [actually, I assume they do - but remember the
old saw] they wear the current uniform of a Rear Admiral [Lower Half],
and thus one star?

Pechs1's question was asked in the present tense, and did not contain the
word "retired".

Note to self. Don't try to watch the NFL pre-game shows and read/post
to the Usenet at the same time. Therein lies the potential for great
error and embarrassment. Wait until the Redskins game has actually
started and they're blowing it again.
--
OJ III
[Email to Yahoo addy burned before reading.