Old July 29th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

Default Filing IFR flight Plan in VMC

On Jul 28, 7:01*pm, "Cyberfly via AviationKB.com" u45015@uwe wrote:
MArk, thanks for the input ,, I did look at 61.3 but interpreted it
differently as IFR meaning IMC. So I guess the old guy was full of old crap...
lol... THanks for the info on this one. Im almost done with my required
items, hours, approaches, can even do ndb holds, radial holding, etc. The
plane I rent has ADF and VOR (KX155) and DME and also has a Garmin 430 so Im
learning both the old and new methods. I took my written and got a 96 on it..
so am glad to get that out of the way.. I should be ready for a check ride in
Sept.. thanks for the help.. ron..

Yes, IFR is different than IMC. IFR is "rules", IMC is "conditions".

-Robert