Old April 13th 04, 11:34 AM
Cub Driver

What route do you fly most often or feel most comfortable with? How
far could you wander from your home base without needing a map or even
a compass to find all the cities and airports?

With 12 gal gas, the Cub has an effectived radius of one hour without
refueling. I most often fly from Hampton NH up to Lake Winnipesaukee,
touring Alton Bay and if the flight has gone quickly Wolfeboro also.
(There's an airport at Wolfeboro, but no gas.) If I have the plane for
more than two hours, I'll land and refuel at Moultonboro. The Big Lake
is one of the loveliest places I know.

A couple years ago I wrote a story about this route for the Wall
Street Journal: www.pipercubforum.com/biglake.htm

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum