Old May 11th 04, 02:39 AM
Dave S

Read my other posts... some of which you've responded to.

Dave

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Dave S" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Steve...

Do you by any chance fly VFR, in a busy terminal airspace, perhaps
during the "push"? You sure seem to have a hard time grasping some
pretty obvious and simple concepts that I am discussing... or you just
seem determined to ask "why" an awful lot. I'm sorry I am not being
detailed enough to suit your needs.

Dave, I think it's you that's having difficulty grasping the concept. A
airspace. He added, "if you talk to them, even if you're clear of their
airspace, they'll try to route you over hell and gone." In my response I
stated that was possibly an error on ATC's part over the top of Class C
airspace and definitely an error on their part over Class B airspace. It's
possibly an error over Class C airspace because Class C services are
provided to participating aircraft in the outer area just as they are in the
Class C airspace proper. Outside of Class B or Class C airspace, or the
outer area associated with Class C airspace, or a TRSA, ATC should not
assign headings, routes altitudes, etc, to VFR aircraft. To do so violates
FAA Order 7110.65, the document which prescribes air traffic control
procedures and phraseology for use by persons providing air traffic control
services. If you've been following the thread, you know we've been
discussing operations outside of these types of airspace. So what is this
"busy terminal airspace" you're referring to?