Old December 31st 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Blueskies

Default You Know You're Old Dept.

Thanks! Happy new year!

"Richard Riley" wrote in message ...
: On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 21:47:02 -0500, "Blueskies"
: wrote:
:
:
: "Richard Riley" wrote in message ...
: ......
: : : (All of them had EAA stickers on the door frames.)
:
:
: If you are serious that is very cool...
:
: Allow me to be perfectly accurate, since we are here in yawnland...
:
: I worked on 4 of the 6 that they had at Van Nuys. All 4 that I worked
: on had gold EAA "wings" just ahead of the door. I didn't see the
: other two, they were parked on the other side of the airport and might
: not have had the stickers.
:
: (We thought it was very cool, too.)
:
: This is one that we worked on
: http://www.vaq34.com/a3list/144825_miller.jpg
:
: The black fairing ahead of the windshield, the long square conduit
: running nose to tail, and the balls on the back were things we made.
:
: We did our mods using Rutan style moldless methods - blue foam, 7725
: glass, and epoxy. The black fairing was made with a special epoxy
: that we could post cure to a high temperature.