Old January 1st 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flybynightkarmarepair

Default HAPI Accessory Case

wrote:
CW Crane wrote:
wrote:

Does anyone know if HAPI made an accessory case with the starter in the
top position?

Great Plains has top mount DIEHL accessory cases. Their phone is 402-493-6507

Thanks

But the engine mount is welded up for the HAPI

Just what I suspected. If you're dealing with a barefuselage, I'd
change it back, me. If the firewall is already done, I still might
since you're going to have to chop a mighty big whole in the firewall
for the starter to fit through.

The plans have the STOCK motor mount position, which works with the
X-Mount or the Diehl. This sketch has the HAPI mount mods:

http://users.lmi.net/~ryoung/Sonerai/HAPIMount.htm

which apparently is the way your plane is built.

But the end is the same: Call Steve Bennet and he'll fix your wagon.