Old December 7th 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_19_]

Default Reflections on a year of aircraft ownership

Jeffrey Bloss wrote:

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:08:17 -0600, Ross wrote:

george wrote:
On Dec 5, 7:39 am, Mark wrote:
On Dec 4, 1:03 pm, Ross wrote:

You made a comment about depreciation. Mine did not depreciate. I
sold it this year and even in a down economy I sold it for almost
twice what I bought it for. Not bad. Like I said, it got a OH
engine, and during the time all avionics were OH and I did add a
IFR GPS. (No, not any fancy Garmin item)
I wish I still had it. D*** medical....
--
Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

We have a different set of medical requirements for Microlite/
Ultralites. A lot of older pilots here who have failed their
medicals go flying microlites

Do you know still have to self "certify" that you are fit to fly? In
the US if you fail your medical you cannot fly LSA. If you let your
medical expire and do not renew it then you can fly LSA. But you
still have to self certify.

This whole LSA medical certification is a nightmare, all this don't
tell-fly crap is absurd. But so is kids flying and they are up in the
skies as well.

I'm not sure whether it is the spirit of the FARs or the regs itself
that say if you know you have a medically limiting condition, then you
should ground yourself from flying anything. Maybe even kites. lol

You forgot to mention being grounded from flying your model aircraft.

Just an oversight was it?