Old October 1st 05, 03:02 PM
Dave Stadt

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 00:10:02 GMT, "Hilton" wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TRAVEL/09/30....ap/index.html

"The plan drew intense criticism from some, largely because the 440-acre
expansion requires the city to buy and raze more than 500 homes,

displacing
about 2,600 residents, and move nearly 200 businesses and a cemetery with
1,300 tombs dating back to the 1800s.

Mayor Richard M. Daley has long pushed to expand O'Hare, saying it would
speed up air travel throughout the United States. A cost-benefit analysis

by
the city projected that the project would save more than $12 billion over
nearly two decades by reducing passenger and aircraft delays.

I am absolutely astonished over the pricetag for this expansion.
There has to be a better way for the City of Chicago to spend $15B.

Having said that - as a Chicago area resident - I would love to see a
Western vehicle/passenger entrance to the airport, and more gates.
Nearly every delay I encounter at ORD is related to lack of gates, and
planes getting sent to the penalty box as a result.

I thought a west entrance was part of the plan. How they will get you to
the east side I don't know.