Old May 17th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default Is it just me that thinks this was stupid

On 2007-05-13 23:03:21 -0700, "Bravo Two Zero" said:

A small plane crashed into Lake Pleasant, just outside of Phoenix, at approx
8pm Friday, while the pilot was reportedly talking on his cellphone and
flying 10 feet above the water.

According to thr FAA, the pilot was talking on a cellphone to a friend in a
boat below and asked the friend to shine a flashlight in the air to signal
the boat's location.

It appears there were two people on board. We don't know the facts,
such as whether it was the pilot or the passenger who was talking on
the phone, whether both were pilots, or even the actual altitude.

What a reporter says he heard from the FAA is at best third hand information.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor