Old July 26th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Boomerang

Default Captain Mel Meltzer

The VP community the passing of retired Captain Mel Meltzer on July 6, 2007. Mel died of a heart attack at his home in Pennsylvania after a distinguished career which included duty in the program management of the A-New system, the basis for the development of the P-3C. He was my Executive Officer in VP-56 during the 1969 Fleet Introduction of the P-3C aircraft and commanded the squadron in 1970. I speak for all of his VP Squadron mates in noting that we miss Mel and will remember him for his contributions to VP Aviation.