Old October 31st 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Lee

Default A disturbing statistic

(Dane Spearing) wrote:

Thus, based on the above, it appears that the GA fatality rate is somewhere
around 7 times that of automobiles. Now I realize that one could fudge the
average GA aircraft velocity velocity up or down, but I'm farily confident
that it's not above 200 mph, nor below 100 mph, which brakets the aviation
fatality rate between 5 and 10 times that of driving. A sobering thought...

Since I doubt that I will ever fly 15 million miles I am not too
worried. Plus I do not plan on making a mistake that is at the root
of most flying fatalities...major pilot error.

Ron Lee