Old June 29th 08, 09:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gene Park

Default Why the yEnc?

The only ones who like yEnc are the ones who insist on posting that
scheisse. Aggressive ignorance. Who needs to clutter up their computer with
crappy programmes just to view that crap?

On 6/28/08 5:35 PM, in article
, "JH"
wrote:

Clem, I seem to remember you giving someone a hard time for posting in
French! : )
Cheers
JH

"Clem" wrote in message
7.136...
"Morgans" wrote in news:uww9k.7087$hy4.5593
@newsfe02.lga:

Ron wrote:

a post with a bunch of yEnc

Ron, why all of the yEnc?

Who cares why? It's a format thats been around for years now and a lot of
people appreciate the format because of the file size reduction. If the
files were another format I would still download them but yEnc is an
acceptable user format that cuts time and size.

Have you not noticed that nobody ever uses that format, in this group?

For the last several years I've been here, I've seen frequent use of yEnc.
Of course, if you keep plonking people who use it, you limit what you see.

People who post using yEnc don't get a thing from it except a reduction in
the time and file sizes they transfer. It's not an a ego thing. It's just
another of the many ways you can post.

It sure would be more to polite of you, to use what is considered
standard in a group.

It might be more tactful to ask a poster to re-send in a format you can
decode rather than be arrogant and strike out at posters using the yEnc
format just because you can't/won't use it.

Plus, most will not take the time to pull up your pictures.

Your absolutely correct. There are some very narrow-minded people here who
consider yEnc to be so bad they believe their computers will get cooties
and the hard-drive will fly-apart.

If not viewing a yEnc post or plonking people makes you feel better go for
it. It's not like a poster is out any money or redeemable user points if
you fail to view it.

The results last time were 50% were against yEnc and 50% were for it. The
final word was download what you want and pass on the rest.

Before anyone gets crazy and says the rules of the group are so and so, it
was already established there are no rules posting using yEnc.