Old July 20th 04, 10:49 PM
Andrew Gideon

Dudley Henriques wrote:

In YOUR context, "insufficient" apparently means "not sufficient." In my
context, insufficient means "could be better".

FYI:

http://m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?bo...a=insufficient

You'll note that "not sufficient" is the definition of "insufficient".

[...]

o They were safe as defined by the PPL exam, but could/should be
more safe.

BINGO!!! Now was this all that hard to understand?

I'm afraid that it is, given that you've made this statement as a comparison
between graduates of accelerated and "conventional" programs. Recall that
your original statement on this thread included:

To put it bluntly, I can't remember a situation where I have checked out
a new pilot coming out of an accelerated course for Private Pilots where
the performance level was such that I felt no remedial work was
required....not ONE case!!!!

If the graduate of an accelerated program is safe as defined by the PPL
exam, but could be more safe, then what is the difference between the
graduate of an accelerated program and the graduate of a "conventional"
program? Surely, the graduate of a "conventional" program could/should
also be more safe than he/she is. By this definition of "remedial work",
would you not find a need for "remedial work" with any recently
certificated pilot?

For that matter, can not *any* pilot be better than he/she is?

- Andrew