Old July 11th 05, 04:11 PM

Default A&P signoff required to re-assemble 1-26?

Can anyone tell me what gliders can be asembled and
disassembled by the pilot and which ones have to have an A&P
approve the reassembly and make a logboofk entry? I'm being
told that gliders with automatically connecting control
surfaces and main pins without threads and nuts can be
assembled and disassembled by the pilot, but that 1-26's and
2-33's must have an A&P sign off the re-assembly since the
main pin has a nut that requires a specific torque, and the
controls have pins with safeties.

Can anyone point me to the FAR or Advisory Circular that
covers this issue? Thank!