Old March 12th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Cubcrafters vs. Legend Cub

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
I can't tell you about the new cub but I've got a bunch of time in the
old Cub. I'm 6'4" and it was tight but not nearly as tight as most
planes or that era (Chief, Taylorcraft, etc). Since you fly from the
back seat your feet wrap around the seat in front of you. In a sense,
the pax in the front is sitting in your lap.

It appears that many of the "new Cubs" solo from the front seat. The "old
Cub" had a fuel tank up front - the newer ones seem to tend towards wing
tanks.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com