Old January 5th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

Default Student Pilot Bought An Electronic Flight Computer For $80

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:25:01 -0800 (PST), gliderguynj wrote:

I only used the electronic one from Sporty's.

That's the one I used too... for the most part it was fine... *but* the
algorithm mine uses for calculating DA is totally screwed up.

It's not enough to kill you, but it was off enough to give answers that
were in-between the selections offered on the written test. I wouldn't
recommend it for that reason.

In fact I here's a photo of mine and someone else's with same values
punched in yielding two different answers for PA and DA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...SportysE6B.jpg

I emailed Sporty's about this and they blew me off.

--
Dallas