Old June 21st 04, 07:00 PM
Marc Reeve

David E. Powell wrote:
"Marc Reeve" wrote in message
. ..
Tank Fixer wrote:
Keith Willshaw attempted to say .....

Germany never managed to build a succesful heavy bomber,
the USA had 3 types in service and the B-36 under development

4 types in service
B17
B24
B29
B32 (one wing in the Pacific)

Wow. Had not known the B-32 ever made it into service. Interesting.

I heard somewhere that the last aircraft engagement of WW2 had B-32s
involved shooting back vs. fighters. Wonder if any are left?

I believe not. Article I read said that those in the field were scrapped
in place, while the flyable ones at the Consolidated plant were flown
straight to the boneyard, and the ones under construction were scrapped.

--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is