Old February 21st 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Leaning (was Gene Whitt is back on line)

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message
| | Yes, engine roughness is caused by one cylinder
| misfiring.
| | Fuel injection is properly calibrated is the same on
all
| | cylinders so the engine runs smooth and balanced.
| |
| |
| | I guess GAMI is selling us a bill of goods, huh? :~)
|
| ( Moved to the bottom where it belongs for those that read
top-to-bottom)

| caused by __________ which causes __________ vibration.
|
| Do you have any idea what GAMI injectors are?

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
answered at the top, Yes.

But most engines do not have them or the same procedures
that they allow.

You are talking in circles or something, since damn near every response of
yours on this thread is virtually unrelated to the question asked, or the
fact posted.

First of all, very few FI engines are calibrated coming from the
manufacturer, especially TCM engines.

Second, GAMI's are nosels, not injectors per se.

Roughness is NOT caused by a misfiring cylinder, but by an improper fuel
distribution. All cylinders can be firing just fine, but if the air/fuel
mixure is out of balance, it'll be running rough.