Old September 18th 03, 03:59 AM
Dan Luke

"Robert Henry" wrote:
For example, I've twice been cleared to random 5-letter fixes which
do not appear on enroute charts that turn out to be IF's for ILS
approaches. These clearances were issued en route, 60-100 miles
away from the airport, well before an expected approach had been
specified. Actually, both approaches ended up being visuals. I
don't know every 5 character permutation of "wip-pee" intersection
and which one applies - running through the guesses takes some
serious knob time.

Hah! I hear ya. Try finding TIFTO on your GPS in south Georgia.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM