Old August 21st 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Non-certified parts for a certified plane?

I have absolutely no idea of what process JPI has gone through to insure
fuel flow in the event of a failed transducer or how robust the housing of
the transducer is to insure that it won't fail and spray fuel all over a hot
engine. THey may be great. They may not. I just don't know because I
haven't done the research.

Jim

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

RST Engineering wrote:
HOWEVER, a failed fuel flow transducer WILL cause the airplane to fall
out
of the sky under some fairly predictable failure modes. I draw the line
at
an uncertificated (PMA at the very least) fuel flow transducer.

Does that include JPI's fuel flow computers too?

-Robert