Old March 30th 04, 10:46 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Boomer" wrote in message
news
Hate to do this cause I'm usually known for finding stuff. I spent 8 hours
or so googling for info on the SU-27SM upgrade, found lots of listings but
no hard numbers. What makes me really mad is that I had data on this plane
last year but now cant find it!!
What I know/ what I need to know: It's supposed to be THE main upgrade for
extant low time Flankers making it basically a single seat multi-role
equivalent to the MK, it will get additional wing tanks as well as the
ability to carry drop tanks. Internal fuel increased to 21,923lb. It gets
stronger landing gear to enable a higher gross weight, and will carry

pretty
much anything in the weapon inventory.
What I NEED are hard numbers, empty weight , gross weight and weather it
will get the uprated engines (they are an option).
Hope someone can help, thanks :-)

IAPR mentioned the SM in their Spring 2003 issue, but provides little in the
way of real information, saying: "...improvements are based upon those of
the Su-30MKK, and in some areas go beyond them. For instance, the display
and control system compromises three multi-function LCD's, and the
possibility for a simulataneous launch of two R-77 air-to-air missiles
against two airborne targets is introduced." Earlier they referred to the
program also including adding an air-to-ground radar capability (by adding a
channel to the existing radar according to the article) and integration of
PGM's for use against both land and sea targets. Sorry, but that is about
the best I could do.

Brooks

--

Curiosity killed the cat, and I'm gonna find out why!